It’s hard to believe that 2018 is nearly half over. Time passes way too quickly!
At CMA, this has been one of the busiest years I’ve seen, as we are continuing to work on exciting new initiatives that will help your company’s credit and finance teams.
I love the opportunity to talk with members and customers; lately during these conversations we discuss cost savings and doing more with less. These issues are affecting every business. Utilizing cost-effective tools is one way to adhere to budget restrictions and bring efficiencies to the Credit Department. We’ve been looking at different solutions to help solve these issues and to that end I’m happy to tell you about the brand new CMA CREDIT REPORT. This report is a cost-efficient way to access data for small- to medium-sized companies that are not usually reported to the larger credit bureaus.
The CMA Credit Report, which is the result of a partnership with data provider Ansonia Credit Data, offers payment trends and experience on your customers so that you can make informed credit decisions. The report includes payment history, bankruptcies, risk score, balance, days beyond terms and more. Better yet, the report is available at an affordable price point: CMA members get 5 free reports to try during their membership calendar year, and then pay $12.95 per additional report. Members who contribute their data to CMA get an additional 5 free reports, and pay $10.95 per additional report.
The report is also integrated with anscersX, our multi-bureau reporting solution that allows users to get the most-used data elements from the major bureau reports with one click.
We are excited to hear from our members on your thoughts on the new report. We hope you enjoy this new benefit, and that it’s useful in your credit decision making process.
Change is never easy. In this volatile business environment, more than ever before, change is the only constant. In the past few months, there have been many changes in credit, which is why we decided to use the concept of “managing change” as the overall theme at CreditScape. Due to outside factors such as budget cuts in credit, automation and technology, the credit manager’s role is ever changing, and it is imperative that you stay up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
CMA has been changing as well. In the past few months since I became President of CMA, we have been evaluating every facet of our business. Our top priority in every conversation has been, and will always be, taking care of our members’ needs in credit.
We are the oldest and most experienced organization that continues to be your best source for information to make credit decisions about California and Nevada based companies, as we have been since we were founded in 1883.
Here are some of the changes that we have been working on behind the scenes.
- We have enhanced the quality of the conversations at our Industry Credit Group meetings. If you have not attended a meeting lately, I strongly suggest you take the time to hear about the valuable account discussions that take place in those meetings and the best practices from companies that operate in your same vertical market.
- We have created new strategic partnerships that provide members with the best information that they can use to make credit decisions. Here are several examples of these partnerships:
- The new CMA Credit Report, which represents your best chance in finding data about California and Nevada based companies, with a nearly 20 percent increase in the number of relevant searches over the report it replaced.
- An enhanced anscersX multibureau credit report that includes data from a number of sources such as D&B, Experian, Equifax, and others, to make it easier (and less expensive) to find credit information in one click.
- A partnership with Credit Today to provide useful and relevant articles that affect the credit profession.
- Low-cost webinars on topics that members have told us they want and need, increasing overall participation in our education program.
Here are some things about CMA that will never change:
- We are loyal to our members and continue to strive to make your experience with CMA the best that it can be. Many of our staff members have been with CMA for more than 10 years serving your needs in credit with accumulated experience and knowledge.
- We are committed to the credit profession.
- We are headquartered in the areas we service.
- We are dedicated to providing you, our customer, with the best value in credit services that you need to make informed credit decisions.
- Our credit reporting and construction forms filing services is one are among of the best in the industry.
I encourage you to join me in continuing to support programs and services that make CMA great, as we truly are your partners in credit.
If you have suggestions on how we can make your association better or questions about our programs, I encourage you to reach out to me at 702-259-2622 or by email at email@example.com.
We thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage.
Throughout the past several years, CMA’s webinars and events have had the overwhelming theme of utilizing technology to bring efficiencies to businesses. Your CMA team is following this theme. As many of our members have gone through and will go through systems conversions to make their business operations more efficient, CMA is doing the same thing.
I’m happy to announce that our new association management system will be implemented in December to give our customers added convenience and bring CMA internal efficiencies.
Your December statement will be emailed with an electronic link to all primary CMA member contacts. For those members that have designated a billing contact that is different than our main contact, as the primary contact you will be able to set that contact and others up yourself, giving you better control of who should have access to your company details. Through this link, you’ll also be able to view your post-December 2017 billing history with CMA, with the ability to print and save statements and invoices electronically.
Subsequent to the implementation of our new AMS we will be implementing the ability to pay online and hope to have this completed in January. This will mean that members will not only be able to access their invoices, but they will be able to pay electronically.
We thank you for your continued trust and loyalty to CMA, and we look forward to continuing to listen to our members wants and needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me directly at 702-259-2622.
“The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.”
Kim Lamberty, CAE, is Vice President of Operations for CMA. She can be reached at 702-259-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.