Change is never easy. In this volatile business environment, more than ever before, change is the only constant. In the past few months, there have been many changes in credit, which is why we decided to use the concept of “managing change” as the overall theme at CreditScape. Due to outside factors such as budget cuts in credit, automation and technology, the credit manager’s role is ever changing, and it is imperative that you stay up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
CMA has been changing as well. In the past few months since I became President of CMA, we have been evaluating every facet of our business. Our top priority in every conversation has been, and will always be, taking care of our members’ needs in credit.
We are the oldest and most experienced organization that continues to be your best source for information to make credit decisions about California and Nevada based companies, as we have been since we were founded in 1883.
Here are some of the changes that we have been working on behind the scenes.
- We have enhanced the quality of the conversations at our Industry Credit Group meetings. If you have not attended a meeting lately, I strongly suggest you take the time to hear about the valuable account discussions that take place in those meetings and the best practices from companies that operate in your same vertical market.
- We have created new strategic partnerships that provide members with the best information that they can use to make credit decisions. Here are several examples of these partnerships:
- The new CMA Credit Report, which represents your best chance in finding data about California and Nevada based companies, with a nearly 20 percent increase in the number of relevant searches over the report it replaced.
- An enhanced anscersX multibureau credit report that includes data from a number of sources such as D&B, Experian, Equifax, and others, to make it easier (and less expensive) to find credit information in one click.
- A partnership with Credit Today to provide useful and relevant articles that affect the credit profession.
- Low-cost webinars on topics that members have told us they want and need, increasing overall participation in our education program.
Here are some things about CMA that will never change:
- We are loyal to our members and continue to strive to make your experience with CMA the best that it can be. Many of our staff members have been with CMA for more than 10 years serving your needs in credit with accumulated experience and knowledge.
- We are committed to the credit profession.
- We are headquartered in the areas we service.
- We are dedicated to providing you, our customer, with the best value in credit services that you need to make informed credit decisions.
- Our credit reporting and construction forms filing services is one are among of the best in the industry.
I encourage you to join me in continuing to support programs and services that make CMA great, as we truly are your partners in credit.
If you have suggestions on how we can make your association better or questions about our programs, I encourage you to reach out to me at 702-259-2622 or by email at email@example.com.
We thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage.