The CMA Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations and applications for service on the 2014-2015 Board of Directors. If you would like to nominate a candidate for service, or you are interested in applying for a Director position directly, please complete a Candidate Nomination or Application form and return it to CMA by January 10, 2014. Download the form –CMAdirectorap14
Board of Directors Qualifications and Responsibilities
As provided by the Bylaws of CMA, the Board of Directors oversees the general operation and sets policy for the Association. It is, therefore, essential that members of the Board understand their responsibilities and be willing to commit the time and effort necessary to do justice to this great organization.
The responsibilities and qualifications of a member of the Board are as follows:
- Read and be familiar with the Bylaws of the Corporation.
- A Board member is required to be the authorized representative of his/her company to CMA.
- Attend the Annual Meeting and Installation of Officers and Directors, April 10, 2014 (or a similar Chapter Annual Meeting).
- Attend regular Board meetings, four times per year.
- Attend the Annual Board Retreat (two days in February).
- Review and accept financial and operating statements of the Association.
- Review and approve reports of committees, project teams and Boards of Governors.
- Serve on various committees of the Association as assigned by the Chair of the Board.
- Show support for the Association and its programs by participating in CMA’s member services and by attending educational and social functions, and promote CMA’s services to other members and prospective members at every opportunity.
- When possible, attend the annual NACM Credit Congress held each May or June, and/or the NACM Western Region Credit Conference in September or October, sponsored by the NACM affiliated associations of the Western Region.